How long will it take to build my site?
From the moment we receive your design choice, we take no more than 1 week to build your site.
Can I see some BEFORE and AFTER examples?
Yes of course!
The links below show examples of how we modify our template designs to fit each client.
The 7 steps to launching your website
Once you join UKChurches:
- You will get an email from us asking you to choose your design
- If you have an existing website we can copy the content into your new website – If you don’t have an existing website, use our Sitemap Guide to give us your list of pages
- Once your website is build, we will email you to say that your site is built with content added or your site is built and we need your content
- You can send us instructions and content by Email or by our Support Request Forms – we also accept documents and images as attachments
- Communication continues until you are satisfied with the presentation of your website
- To launch your website we need a Domain name – If you don’t have one, we will order one for you and invoice you – If you do have one, we will need the username and password where you registered your domain and we will login and make your site live
- Once your site is live we remain on hand to action your support requests Monday -Friday
Customer Service Guidelines
- ALL support requests are actioned within 48 hours on a strict first come first served basis.
- We action all support requests between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
To manage your expectations:
- If you submit a support request between FRIDAY 3pm and MONDAY 9am, due to the potential volume of support requests over a weekend, we aim to action your support request by the close of business on TUESDAY.
You can help us by:
- Logging your support requests in a timely manner
- Making sure that your instructions are clear and if you are part of a team, agree instructions before they are sent to us to avoid mis-communication.
What about pictures and logos?
All pictures on our designs are placeholders which means they can be replaced with your images
We also provide a stock of over 1000 images that you can use alongside your own for banners and pages.
In order to preserve the quality of your site:
- We do not accept low resolution images, as they will appear blurry on your site
- For banners, we only accept high resolution images with a minimum width dimension of 1200px
- We do not accept Banner images with embedded text
If you do not have a logo, we will choose a font for your organisation name.
If you do have a logo, please send us high resolution files, preferably with the logo on a transparent background so that our designers can add it easily.
We accept the following standard file formats:, JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), Vector (.eps).
***Please Note*** We are restricted by the modifications we can make to the size of logo areas, so where appropriate we will give you logo area dimensions for your logo designers.
What about video and audio ?
What about online forms?
Online forms are a very efficient and secure way of collecting information, and we can also integrate forms to third party services.
Forms usually come in the following format:
You can change form fields to suit your purpose and once a form is submitted, it sends the information collected to the email address of your choice.
What about email and domain names?
If you don’t already have a domain name we can arrange the purchase of one for you.
If the name you choose isn’t available, we ask/recommend alternatives, purchase your choice and invoice you.
If you have an existing domain name, if you provide us with the username and password where the domain was registered, we will manage that domain name for you.
Your email options are as follows:
- We set up email@example.com so that you access email via webmail, your mobile device or computer.
- We set up firstname.lastname@example.org as a forwarder, which forwards email to a personal email address.
- We set up email@example.com as a forwarder that forwards email to multiple email addresses.
Let us know your requirements, and we will configure the best solution to suit you.
What if I want to accept donations?
How do I pay for my site?
UKChurches is a ‘Pay As You Go’ service, and you are free to cancel at any time.
Your payment options are as follows:
Are there any set up fees?
What are UKChurches Credit Terms?
- On the first of every month we send an invoice for your records, which we mark this as paid when we receive your payment
- Automatic late payment reminders go out on the 16th of every month.
- If we do not received payment 15 days after late payment notification we will suspend your site.
- If we do not receive payment 2 months from suspension, we archive your files and a £100 +VAT charge will be applied to activate your website.
- If your website is not activated within 6 months of suspension, your files will be deleted
What if I make a mistake choosing my design?
The best way to avoid this is to:
- Make sure you consult our team before you make your final choice
- Check our portfolio as well as before and after examples of our designs
If you would like to choose a different design after we have built your site, we charge a one off re-design fee of £100 + VAT
UKC Perk: We redesign your site for FREE every 2 years!
What if I decide to leave UKChurches?
We will be heartbroken!!!
Seriously, clients leave UKChurches for a variety of reasons, from lack of site usage, to gaining access to in-house skills which means that our team and services are no longer required.
We do our best to ensure that it is never because of our failure to deliver on what we say, however once we receive a cancellation notice, we will export and send you all of your content and data.
***Please Note*** As a pay as you go service, UKChurches website designs remain the property of UKChurches and you will not be able to take them with you to your new provider.