Questions & Answers
How long will it take to build my site?
From the moment we receive your design choice, we take no more than 1 week to build your site.
UKC Perk: We redesign your site for FREE every 2 years!
What happens next?
You have 2 options:
- If you have an existing website, when you choose your design, tell us the web address and we will copy all of the content that we can from your old site into your new site
- We then send you an email with a private link for you to preview the site and send us your amendments
- When you choose your design, tell us that you will be using our Sitemap Guide
- We then ask you to send us your completed Sitemap document, and we will use that to populate your site.
How do I send you content?
- You can send us content by Email or use our Support Request Form.
- You can attach Word documents, and Images can be sent as a zip file, uploaded to Dropbox, sent by We Transfer, or attached to the Google content form we provide.
How do you handle support requests?
Our Support Request Guidelines:
- ALL support requests are managed on a strict first come first served basis.
- We action all support requests and e-mails between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
- If we cannot complete your enquiry or request within 24 hours, we will contact you to give you an estimated time of completion.
To manage your expectations:
- If you submit a support request between a FRIDAY 3pm and MONDAY 9am, due to the potential volume of support requests over a weekend, the very latest your support request will be completed by, is the close of business on TUESDAY.
- From time to time we my schedule a specific time with you to batch complete support requests on your behalf.
- We don’t use complicated web design language; we break things down so that they are easy to understand.
- We respond to feedback and any complaints by being polite and courteous.
- If a service isn’t listed on our website, we do not do it, but will make recommendations
You can help us by:
- Logging your support requests by email or by using our Support Request Form
- Making sure that any requests you make of us are clear.
- Making sure that if you work as part of a team, you agree instructions before they are sent to us to avoid mis-communication.
- Providing us with requested information as soon as possible so that we can assist you quickly.
- Being polite and courteous.
- Suggesting ways in which we can improve our service.
What about pictures?
All of the pictures on our designs are placeholders which means they can be replaced.
We provide a stock of over 1000 images for banners, pages, and posts which will make your site look professional as you collect your own images along the way.
Your site also has a rotating banner slide area where images change in rotation.
They are a great for promoting events or initiatives, and can be clickable, so someone can click on the banner and go through to a web page for more details.
In order to preserve the quality of your site:
- We do not accept low resolution images, as they will appear blurry on your site
- For banners, we only accept high resolution images with a minimum width dimension of 1200px
- We do not accept Banner images with embedded text
What about logos?
If you do not have a logo do not worry, we will either choose a font for your organisation name, or let us know if you would like Logo or Brand Design.
If you do have a logo, please send us high resolution files, preferably with the logo on a transparent background so that our designers can add it easily.
We accept the following standard file formats:, JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), Vector (.eps).
***Please Note*** We are restricted by the modifications we can make to logo areas, so where appropriate we will give you logo area dimensions for your logo designers.
What about video and audio ?
We recommend the usage of audio and video services that integrate with our platform.
Your audience will get the best experience without having to leave your website, and you get the benefits of social media sharing.
Anchor – Unlimited free hosting and distribution.
Buzzsprout – Free plan includes upload of 2 hours each month which will be hosted for 90 days.
Soundcloud for Podcasting which has 3 hours of free space to upload your audio.
Podbean – An excellent podcasting host available from only $36 per year.
Blubrry Podcasting – Easy to use with full control. No contracts. Cancel at any time.
What if I want to accept payments or donations?
How do contact forms work?
Contact forms are a very efficient and secure way of collecting information, and we can also integrate forms to newsletter services like Mailchimp
Forms usually come in the following format:
You can change the name of the boxes to suit your purpose and once a form is submitted, it sends the information collected to the email address of your choice.
What about domain names?
If you don’t already have a domain name we can arrange the purchase for you.
You let us know domain name you would like and if isn’t available, we ask you for alternatives and then purchase your choice and invoice you for payment.
If you have an existing domain name and would like to use it for your new website, provide us with the username and password where the domain was registered, and we will manage that domain name for you.
What about email addresses?
Both of our packages come with email addresses, and your email options are as follows:
- We set up email@example.com so that you access email via webmail, your mobile device or computer.
- We set up firstname.lastname@example.org so that it forwards to your personal email address, meaning that you collect all of your email in one place but can still reply from email@example.com when you are ready.
- We set up firstname.lastname@example.org as a forwarder, that just bounces email to a personal email address.
- We set up email@example.com asa forwarder that bounces to multiple email addresses.
Let us know your specific needs, and we will configure your email to suit you.
What if I've made a mistake choosing my design?
Once we have built your site, if you would like to choose a different design, we charge a one off re-theme fee of £150
The best way to avoid an unnecessary re-theme fee is to:
- Check out our portfolio and before and after working examples of our designs
- Make sure you consult our team before you choose your design
UKC Perk: If you are with us for more than 2 years, we redesign your site for FREE!
Can I see some BEFORE and AFTER examples?
Yes Indeed, just click on the links below:
How do I pay for my site?
UKChurches is a ‘Pay As You Go’ service, and you can cancel at any time.
Your payment options are as follows:
- You can pay by card or by invoice
- You can pay monthly or annually
- Our Plus Package comes with 15% discount when paid annually
- Our prices include VAT
Are there any set up fees?
What re UKChurches Credit Terms?
- On the first of every month we send an invoice for your records, which we mark this as paid when we receive your payment
- Automatic late payment reminders go out on the 16th of every month.
- If we do not received payment 15 days after late payment notification we suspend your site.
- If we do not receive payment one month from suspension, we close your account and remove your website files from our servers
What if I decide to leave UKChurches?
We will be heartbroken!!!
Seriously, clients leave UKChurches for a variety of reasons, from lack of site usage, to gaining access to in-house skills which means that our team is no longer required.
We do our best to ensure that it is never because of our failure to deliver on what we say, however once we receive a cancellation notice, we will export all of your content and data, making it available for you to download so that you can use your content on another website or with another service provider.
***Please Note*** As a pay as you go service, website designs remain the property of UKChurches and you will not be able to take them with you to your new provider.