Questions & Answers
How long will it take to build my site?
From the moment we receive your design choice, we take no more than 1 week to build your site.
We then present it to you in the same format as you chose it, with place-holder images, ready for your logo, list of pages, images and text content.
Please check out the following Before and After examples:
Do I have to build my site myself?
Our team designs, builds, hosts and updates your website for you.
Once your website is built, we send you an email to let you know that your site is ready to be customised, with a private link for you to preview your site at anytime.
We then ask you to:
- Send us ALL of your content
- We add your content to your site (this does not mean your site is finished)
- Once we have added your content, your site moves to our finishing team, who pay attention to the layout, presentation of your content.
- Once you are happy, your site is launched.
Is it possible to modify your designs?
YES! – with guidelines
We set our designs up to be customised by adding your choice of logo, main menu pages, sub pages, images and text content, as well as page features like adding video and audio, but we can modify the layout and structure of our designs, and include elements from other designs in our range.
As long as it is within our design controls, this will be done at NO COST.
Let me give you 2 examples:
1.You have chosen one of our designs and it doesn’t have video on the homepage but you want a video there, we will do this at no cost.
2.You have seen a layout feature in one of designs and you would like it on yours replacing something else, we will do this at no cost.
It is quite possible that you might look at our designs and require colour matching, to suit your brand or logo.
In this case we offer a service called Site Styling to help you get exactly what you need.
Site Styling involves Colour matching to your brand, changing text colours and button styling, changes to headers, footers and site background images.
Let us know what you need and we will give you a quote!
***Please*** Before you choose your design, talk to our design team so that you choose one that closely reflects what you are trying to achieve.
When my site is finished, how will it get updated?
Once your site is launched, we give you a username and password so that you will also be able to add content to your site, but our service doesn’t end there.
Our service means that we can update your site for you (daily if you wish), by you sending us information by email or by Support Request
This is included in your subscription!
How do I tell you that I need something changing on my site?
There are 3 key things that you need to know:
- ALL support requests are managed on a first come first served basis when sent by email or our Support Request Form
- We action all support requests and e-mails within 24 hours.
- If we cannot complete your enquiry or request within 24 hours, we will contact you to give you an estimated time of completion.
To manage your expectations:
- If you submit a support request between a FRIDAY morning and MONDAY morning, due to the volume of support requests over a weekend, the very latest your support request will be completed by, is the close of business on TUESDAY.
- From time to time we my schedule a specific time with you to batch complete support requests on your behalf.
- We don’t use complicated web design language; we break things down so that they are easy to understand.
- We respond to feedback and any complaints by being polite and courteous.
- If a service isn’t listed on our website, we do not do it, but will make recommendations
You can help us by:
- Logging your support requests using our Support Request Form and email.
- Making sure that any requests you make of us are clear.
- Making sure that if you work as part of a team, you agree instructions before they are sent to us to avoid mis-communication.
- Providing us with requested information as soon as possible so that we can assist you quickly.
- Being polite and courteous.
- Suggesting ways in which we can improve our service.
How do I send you my text, images and files?
- You can send us your content by using Email or our Support Request Form.
- You can attach Word documents, and Images can be sent as a zip file, uploaded to Dropbox, or attached to the Google content form we provide.
- Use our Sitemap Guide to assist you
In general, we are going to need:
- Your logo or organisation name
- A list of all of the Main menu and sub-pages you need
- Text for your pages
- Images for your pages
If you think you may struggle to write text, ask about our copywriting service
What do I do about logos?
If you do not have a logo do not worry, we will use a suitable font for your organisation name.
If you do have a logo, please send us high resolution files, preferably with the logo on a transparent background so that our designers can incorporate it easily and effectively.
We accept the following standard file formats:, JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), Vector (.eps).
***Please Note*** We are restricted by the modifications we can make, so where appropriate we will give you logo area dimensions for your logo designers.
What about rotating banner slides and images?
A rotating banner slide is the area in the header of a website where images change in rotation.
They are a great for promoting events or initiatives, and can be clickable, so someone can click on the banner and go through to a web page for more details.
As a picture paints 1000 words, we provide a stock of over 1000 images for banners, pages, and posts which will make your site look professional as you collect your own images along the way
In order to preserve the quality of your site:
- We only accept high resolution banner images with a minimum width dimension of 1200px
- We do not accept Banner images with embedded text
- We do not accept low resolution images, as they will appear blurry on your site
What about video and audio ?
We highly recommend services that stream audio and video professionally, and integrate them with our platform.
This way your audience get the best experience without having to leave your website, and you also get the instant benefits of social media sharing.
Soundcloud for Podcasting which has 3 hours of free space to upload your audio.
Pod o Matic – Free account features 500MB of space.
Archive.org – Free audio storage
Podbean – An excellent podcasting host available from only $36 per year.
It doesn’t matter which service you choose, we will help you set it up and get it running.
How do contact forms work?
Contact forms are a very efficient and secure way of collecting information.
They usually come in the following format:
You can change the name of the boxes to suit your purpose and once a form is submitted, it sends the information collected to the email address of your choice.
What about domain names?
If you don’t already have a domain name we will purchase your domain name for you and take care of the ongoing renewal fees.
If the domain name you would like to purchase isn’t available, we provide you with a list of alternatives, and purchase your choice on your behalf.
If you have an existing domain name and would like to use it for your new website, this is perfectly fine.
You have the following options:
- Provide us with the username and password where the domain was registered, and we will manage that domain name for you. (RECOMMENDED)
- Manage the domain yourself.
- If you don’t have existing emails and would like us to host your emails, you will need to change the name servers when you’re ready to launch the site. Make sure the domains name servers are pointed to ns1.churchwebsitedesign.co.uk and ns2.churchwebsitedesign.co.uk.
- If you have existing emails, you will need to change the domain’s DNS when you’re ready to launch the site.
- Once complete, we will provide you with our IP address which you will be able to enter for the main web record and update the DNS.
What about email addresses?
Here are your options for the set up of your email:
- We set up email@example.com so that you access email via webmail, your mobile device or computer.
- We set up firstname.lastname@example.org so that it forwards to your personal email address, meaning that you collect all of your email in one place but can still reply from email@example.com when you are ready.
- We set up firstname.lastname@example.org as a forwarder, that just bounces email to a personal email address.
- We set up email@example.com asa forwarder that bounces to multiple email addresses.
Please let us know your specific needs, and we will configure your email to suit you.
What if I want to choose another design?
Once we have built your site, if you would like to choose a different design, we charge a one off re-theme fee of £150
The best way to avoid an unnecessary re-theme fee is to:
- Check out the live working examples of the design you choose
- Make sure you consult with us before you choose your design
UKC Perk: If you are with us for more than 2 years, we redesign your site for FREE!
How do I pay for my site?
UKChurches is a ‘Pay As You Go’ service, and you can cancel at any time.
Your payment options are as follows:
- You can pay by card or by invoice
- You can pay monthly or annually
- Our Plus Package comes with 15% discount when paid annually
- Our prices include VAT
- We have SPECIAL OFFERS
Are there any set up fees?
YES! There is a one off set up fee of £50 This covers:
- The set up of your account
- The build of your website
- The purchase/transfer or management of your domain name
- On the first of every month we send an invoice for your records, which we mark this as paid when we receive your payment
- Automatic late payment reminders go out on the 16th of every month.
- If we do not received payment 15 days after late payment notification we suspend your site.
- If we do not receive payment one month from suspension, we close your account and delete your website files from our servers
What happens if I decide to leave UK Churches?
We will be heartbroken!!!
Seriously, clients leave UKChurches for a variety of reasons, from lack of site usage, to gaining access to in-house skills which means that our team is no longer required.
We do our best to ensure that it is never because of our failure to deliver on what we say, however once we receive a cancellation notice, we will export all of your content and data, making it available for you to download so that you can use your content on another website or with another service provider.
***Please Note*** As a pay as you go service, our website designs remain the property of UKChurches and you will not be able to take them with you to your new provider.